Sunday, June 5, 2016

October 29th A Day with Mr. Greg and Debbie Clement: Nashville!


MARK YOUR CALENDAR! 
October 29th! 
Nashville!!! 

There's something *EPIC* in the making! 
You want to be part of this historic day! 

A FULL DAY OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WITH 
MR. GREG & DEBBIE CLEMENT!!!

Once upon a time I visited 
Mr. Greg of Kindergarten Smorgasboard fame---- 
at his school. 
A fun time was had by all! 


Whenever we get together we wear our very best..... 
our best hats and our best smiles! 


One year rolls into the next and I just keep finding him -- 
even if he changes schools. 

Every year I look forward to my grand, official welcome. 
We always remember to pose before the day gets started.


The two of us have a mutual admiration society! 
He has used my books (and songs) with his monsters and then with his mustaches.

Debbie Clement's Picture Books: The Power of YOUR Name in a Book!

Mr. Greg has his students create original 
and authentic art work in response 
to my picture books! 

These next pictures are in my power point presentation
as an example of fostering creativity and originality.



I could write volumes on "AUTHENTIC" art..... and I have previously. 
What I absolutely LUV is how completely unique and original 
each and every masterpiece turned out. 
Give them the materials and time and stand back. 



"I am wonderful because................" Response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

Class "Quilt" in Response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

It is a VERY big deal, when I finally arrive 
for our big day together! 

I LUV LUV LUV being part of the morning message!

photo of: Morning Message in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

And then blink and the day gets started in earnest. 
I may or may not be just a tad excited!

My goal is that students get excited about meeting 
an author/illustrator. 

Debbie Clement's Author Illustrator School Visit to Kindergarten Smorasboard


I've shared some glimpses into Mr. Greg's room in the past. 
I know how you like to take a gander into other classrooms. 

This puzzle idea is beyond precious. 
What an amazing way to connect home and school. 



I'm ALL about hopes and DREAMS! 
Seeing these spelled out is so insightful. 


photo of: Kindergarten Classroom Library via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Classroom Organization in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Classroom Organization in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach



You know how some people are by nature 'over-achievers.' 
Mr. Greg is one of those. 
Truth be told, I may be as well.

He has such a HUGE heart for his students. 
Just as importantly his heart is huge for his teaching peers.  

When Greg invited me to launch his second day of professional development -- 
I was ALL in!

Peanut butter and jelly. 
Glitter and polka dots. 
Brass tacks AND inspiration. 
BRING IT ON! 



Behind the dreamers are the list makers and the i dotters. 
Fortunately for the two of us, 
there is another duo offering lots of support.


Here's a peek at how the day will begin. 
Click right here to see the full agenda and all of the details. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...