Saturday, September 19, 2015

Praise Report: Life and Death and Keeping Perspective Here on Earth

Life and death. 

Earlier this week we were joined together in prayer around the sweet little cousin of one of my dear blogging friends. We got to meet in real life. ALWAYS a highlight. My visit to her school outside of Houston was in the works for ages, before we got all of our ducks in a row. My visit  ended up being in the first  several days after Barbara was in a head-on collision, on a bridge, in the middle of the afternoon. The fact that she was able to get out of her car which was completely totaled by a drunk driver, was no small miracle in itself. It was quite a duet, when me {the two time cancer survivor} and she {the miracle woman} joined together in my song -- on the first day that she was able to return even briefly to school, to support  my author presentation. Meeting at that heightened 'intersection,' makes for a unique relationship. Memorable.  

Just before we started our Twitter chat on Tuesday of this week, I read with a heavy heart that Barbara's little five year old cousin Jack had gone on to heaven. HEAVY HEART. 

I had a very hard time preparing to fall asleep. 

Then I remembered that I had written a poem called, "Kindergarten in Heaven" for precious little Carter, sweet nephew to one of my BC Sistahs. So in my sleeplessness I dug around till I found it. I sent a message to Barbara and included the simple sentiment that I'd written a couple of years earlier. If Barbara thought it appropriate, she could send the poem on to her extended family. 



I went to sleep imagining Carter welcoming Jack to a Heavenly Kindergarten classroom and the two of them on the field trip where they got to ride dinosaurs. 

All of that happened on Tuesday.....late in the day (by the time I found out.) 

Wed morning, very early Allen was driving me to my school visit about 45 minutes away from the Denver kids home. I spent the entire time deleting pictures from my phone, in the hopes of opening enough space to download the periscope app. Just as we pulled into the school parking lot I had dug back nearly two years in my camera roll to photos I took of a little book that Crystal Radke had her Kinders create for me. I took dozens of photos, in case I ever lost the book. Most of the pictures were drawings of me in polka dots. Some were drawings of me with the flag, or me wearing my tall giraffe costume. There were rainbows and smiling stick figure children. There in the midst of all of those children's drawings was only ONE photograph with children's handwriting. This is the photo that I found immediately after Barbara told me that Jack's mother would like to use my poem at his celebration of life. 


When I went back to Barbara's FB page to see if there was any further news, I saw that she shared this photo below. One of the prayer warriors for Jack noticed that the photo of Jack in the hospital, on the nurses station monitor appears to have captured a small angel figure to the right of Jack. 


I have taken the liberty of cropping the photo above and adding some slight 'shadow' enhancement, in an effort to more clearly see the image. An angel, INDEED!


All of my own concerns take an entirely different perspective in light of this image. 

Please pray for Jack's family. 
Please pray that every child's guardian angel
speak directly to them during times of need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...