Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Author-Illustrator School Visit with Debbie Clement: Preschool!


WAIT TILL YOU SEE ALL OF THIS AUTHENTIC ART!

There are author-illustrator school visits and there are AUTHOR-ILLUSTRATOR SCHOOL VISITS!!!! 

Much of the success of my time spent directly with children is a reflection of the preparation the teachers have done with the children. 

Pinch me. Squeeze me. This was one of those days when I just thank the heavens for the opportunity to be me! These photos are just the iceberg's tip of awesomeness with a cherry on the top and I think every teacher for directing this creative effort! 



THE DEBORAHS! 

Yes. We're both Deborah. Yes. We're both P.K.'s. {that would be "pastor's kids."} YES! We were both excited at the prospect of being together in PERSON. In fact we have a whole lot more in common. 

Deborah is the assistant director with the vision to interject some 'Debbie Clement' into her program, after we met at a Frog Street Press conference. Deborah had the BRILLIANT idea that I could give her teachers some staff development via SKYPE!!!! 

Her program is my first ever 3 hour SKYPE PD session! 

Now take a look at the 8 class quilts created in response to my picture book illustrations! Let's start with the wee ones.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...