Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sun + Arc/Halo = "SunBOW!" PRICELESS!! Walk-in-Faith

"SunBOW" Sun Arc, Sun Halo: Photo from Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

A new day. A new chapter. A whole new chapter. 

What difference can you make? What joy can you spread? How can you impact your circle of influence? What miracle lies just around the next corner? What blessing do you have to share with others? What seed can you plant? Who can you smile upon? What ripple can you send forth? What wonderfulness can you observe and reflect? What support can you offer? What encouragement can you lend?

The photograph above is of my first-ever "SunBOW." I took the photo on Saturday on my cell phone. All of which marvels me this morning -- perhaps even more so, than in real time. I added my favorite 'camp song' lyrics upon awakening on Sunday morning. So there are now two versions of this miracle to share. 


"SunBOW" Sun Arc, Sun Halo: Photo from Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

We never know when the next miracle is about to unfurl. 


Truth be told? I took the photo while in the midst of a coughing jag, facing down the remnant of my first-ever-case-of-strep throat. To say that I was a tad bit grumpy at this exact moment is quite literally the understatement of the month. We were in the midst of a progressive community rummage sale vagabond. Me coughing. Zipped and hooded into my winter coat mid-May, in northern WI, 'observing' the cold and wind. {Complaining: like a grandmother recently transported from Florida encountering cold for the very first time. 'Where are my palm trees? What's become of my flip-flops?'} None of that mattered. Not the coughing. Not the brisk breeze. Not the setting of the assemblage of garage sale chachkeys. Doesn't even matter that I don't even know how to spell 'tzachkeys' -- brick-a-brack, flotsam and jetsam, cast-off stuff. A stable and a manger.

God was literally shining down on me. Us. I was NOT even the one to 'notice' the Sun-Bow. That sharing was from our garage sale host. He was so excited to 'show' us. He was the enthusiastic evangelist. He cajoled that he'd attempted a photo and that it was an impossibility to capture the moment. I was reckless in the face of his disclaimer and held my phone up to the heavens anyway. I clicked, while attempting to shelter my eyes from the direct lazer-like-light. I had no idea.

We left their porch-sale without purchase. Little did I realize at that instant, what awaited me in my TELEPHONE. The miracle witnessed. The miracle captured. The miracle able to be shared. 

I'm fifty-seven and a third-plus. I'm a college graduate. I DIDN'T.EVEN.KNOW there was any such thing as a "SUNBOW." I hadn't even been waiting and watching. 

No matter. No matter my preparation. No matter my mood. No matter my health. No matter what-so-ever. No matter the wind-chill factor, my weight or my Klout score. Our Creator is capable of knocking us flatter-than-a-flitter [my dad says that] without a moment's notice.

Today's quiz. To imagine today: 



  • A.) That I witnessed this moment. 
  • B.) That I captured it on my cell phone. 
  • C.) That I have the capability of sharing it with the wider world. 
  • D.) All of the above. 
Will you choose D.? Will you share this glimpse of #HeavenOnEarth with the wider world? I believe that our world is in need of a reminder. I am delighted to be "a little pencil, in the hands of a writing God, sending a love letter to the world." -- to quote Mother Theresa. I am delighted to share this evidence of our Maker's Magnificence. 

It just dawned on me that you may not know the 'camp song' and so I went searching on YouTube for some further edification on my song selection for the adorned words.  

So far this is my favorite YouTube version: Michael W. Smith 4 minutes with piano, choir in stadium worship setting




Here's a five minute version of 'just' the chorus. Seen my over 11 million viewers. 



Of the over 100 original songs for children that I have written, ONE is faith-based. It is entitled "God Did." Therefore I have a pinboard for all applicable 'pins' that are faith and or ocean based. 



I would be so grateful for your willingness to share this "gift" that I was given. Choose your favorite version. With or without the song lyrics. Pin it. Tweet it. Email it. Print it. Pass it on. Bask in the promise of a Creator capable of surprising you. Thanks. ~~ Debbie 

P.S. I think that I have my blog added to the rolls at Bloglovin'  and hope you will also add me to your reading list. 



Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...