Friday, December 6, 2013

Handprint Angel from Paper Plate

Handprint Angel: created from Paper Plate via RainbowsWIthinReach

HANDPRINTS, GLITTER and ANGELS! 

What could be better? Holidays call for traditions. Today I stopped in on the premiere preschool here along the coastline to capture some holiday cheer in the making. I learned that this angel 'beauty' is a tradition that dates back TWENTY-FIVE YEARS! Yes. I said 25 years. 

For the last twenty five years, the teachers have been directing their young charges to create family keepsakes from paper plates and glitter. Here you get to see the tree topper under development. That's my grasp holding the angel wings and placing them into position. The angel craft is created in two parts: angel body (from paper plate) and angel wings from separate piece of paper. As you can see the wings are the child's two handprints captured by covering the glue handprint in glitter!! GLITTER, I tell you! I realize that glitter is not for everyone over the age of 13, but we all know how much the littles love it! 

Glitter Handprint Angel in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach

Take a look on the classroom countertop. Here's a parade of angels, complete with pipe cleaner halos, prior to their happy faces being applied photogenically. They're marching past the candy canes! {Stay tuned for the paper plate pattern!} 

Christmas Angel Craft with Handprint Wings in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach

VOILA! 
Drying together on top of the media table is the 
first flock of Christmas choristers,
complete and ready for Christmas gift giving.
What is the shelf life on glitter? 
Anybody know? 

How about those first angels from 25 years ago? 
Any glitter left at this point in time? 
You know that these are keepsakes for eternity.  

Keepsake Christmas Angel with Glitter Handprints via RainbowsWithinReach

OK. Here as promised is the traditional pattern. 
One paper plate. 
Cut away to create angel arms. 
Even if your children are years apart...... 
every child will make their own angel as they proceed thru this premiere preschool program. 
Your whole family of angels will collect as each of your children matriculate thru preschool! 

Angel Pattern from Paper Plate for Christmas via RainbowsWithinReach


Here's the image for you to pin! So you'll remember the outcome and have the pattern, too -- all in one handy image. Be a dear, be of good cheer, would you please pin from here? Your pin is an act of kindness that sends ripples out into the cyber world -- to introduce my travels to the wider world and I thank you! 

Christmas Angel from Paper Plate using Glitter Handprints via RainbowsWithinReach

My thanks to my new friends for their warm welcome!
I'm so happy to share your tradition with the wider world. 

Simple Christmas Tree from a Paper Plate at RainbowsWithinReach

I had a paper plate Christmas tree in my earlier article this week. 
It, too is a classic!

Classic Christmas Angel: Handprint, Glitter and a Paper Plate! via RainbowsWithinReach

I'll get the paper plate wreath/ornament photos downloaded and share them later this weekend. 

Did you see my RoundUP of Christmas bulletin boards?
I'll be adding to that this weekend, too!  

Christmas Bulletin Board RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach

Are you following me on Pinterest? 
I'm nearing 140,000 followers. 
Come join the party! 



2 comments:

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...