Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Nutcracker Suite in Children's Art: Best + Brightest

photo of: The Nutcracker Suite thru Third Grade Paintings via RainbowsWithinReach

TRADITION! Tradition! TRADITION!
This is the time of year to appreciate TRADITION!
When was the last time you saw a performance of The Nutcracker? 
In case you missed the ballet this year, I have a scrumptious visual treat.
Welcome to "The Nutcracker Suite" via third graders vision.
This art is the latest to be captured during my: 
Author-Illustrator school visits. 

Pretend the lights are dimming. 
Cue the oboe: tuning everyone up. 
ENJOY!!!!

photo of: The Nutcracker Suite Ballet via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: The Nutcracker Suite Ballet via RainbowsWithinReach

CLARA. 
THE SUGAR PLUM FAIRY.
THE MOUSE KING. 
They're all here!
I LUV excellence and this is amazing work 

photo of: The Nutcracker Suite Ballet via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Third Grade Painting of The Nutcracker Suite Ballet via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Third Grade Painting of The Nutcracker Suite Ballet via RainbowsWithinReach

Nominating these for the best use of GLITTER: EVER!!!

photo of: Third Grade Painting of The Nutcracker Suite Ballet via RainbowsWithinReach







**I seriously adore each of these pieces, but there's something about the 'movement' that is portrayed in the above painting that makes me catch my breath and hush. Incredible portrayal. 







Each individual piece is simply stunning, isn't it? But the collection taken together as a whole is absolutely breath-taking! Next up is what the Nutcracker artwork looks like massed together on the hallway bulletin board.  Yes. This is another project directed by the brilliant Mr. Harris, that oversaw the creation of the entire village of snow-covered buildings I showcased here just yesterday. 

Bulletin Board of Nutcracker Suite Artwork from Scioto Darby Elementary 

It seems fitting to conclude all of this glitter, glitz and glamour with a photo composite I created from my time earlier this month at the Gaylord Resort in Dallas. Those folks know how to decorate. If nutcrackers are your thing..... this HUGE fellows were decorating the concourse. They towered over my height. 


WHAT?!?!? You didn't know that I got to give the keynote in Dallas for my first national event? Click back here to read all about it! I wrote the article from the perspective of "overcoming" and using your gifts, making gradual progress over time. 
photo of: Debbie Clement Keynote for National Head Start Association
Debbie gives her first NATIONAL Keynote!

*****Now that I'm thinking of the highlights of the year..............  

Let me share the linky happening over at "Bunting, Books and Bainbridge." 


There have been a LOT of highlights!!! 
I am now on Teachers Pay Teachers. 

That's a HUGE step forward. 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
My NEW store: 2012!!!!!

So I'm creating zip files that include the Mp3 version of some of my favorite songs! Right now I have all three of my 'picture book's songs' into the zip format, with teaching/support materials included. 


One of my most involved articles of the year, is my RoundUP of all types of bulletin boards through out the year. It continues to climb my Top 10 list. 

Photo of: Bulletin Board Round-UP via RainbowsWithinReach (All Seasons!!)
Bulletin Board RoundUP 

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...