Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Inviting + Intriguing Reading Centers

photo of: Reading Corner RoundUP: Inviting Centers for Inspiring Reading via RainbowsWithinReach

~~ 12~12~12 ~~
Certainly that's reason to celebrate?
Let's have a party! 
A READING Party!!

I have so much to celebrate. 
This is my week. (Hint.Hint: tomorrow's MY big day!) 

photo of: Reading Center RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach


These first pictures are from my camera's memory card.
I've gathered up images of special little 'reading corners' that I have had the pleasure of seeing during my 
Author-Illustrator school visits. 

Today's RoundUP will be: intriguing little nooks that invite readers to curl up with their favorite books.

I remember reading a library book where the heroine regularly curled up in a window seat with her favorite read of the moment. I've longed for a window seat ever since then. There's something about having a private little spot for your reading that makes it all the more inviting. Take a look at these!

photo of: Bathtub Reading Center in Kindergarten Room via RainbowsWithinReach Reading RoundUP
This Kindergarten Room had an entire Article of Images Featured in this Earlier Entry!

CLIFFORD + BATHTUB + RUBBER DUCKIES = PRICELESS!

photo of: Kindergarten Antique Bathtub Reading Center via RainbowWithinReach

A Colorado kinder-combo of tub and drapery.
Across the hall was a royal reading canopy-corner. 

photo of: Canopy Reading Center in Kindergarten via Reading Corner RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

Next up are several 'centers' that were located mid-room, that would be perfect to bring your book on a reading adventure. 

"The Wheels on the Bus." 

photo of: School Bus Reading Center in Preschool via Reading Corner RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

How big is your space? 
How about a log-cabin library play-corner? 

photo of: Log Cabin Reading Center in Preschool: Reading Corner RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach

Or a LIBRARY-LOFT? 

photo of: Library Loft in Preschool: Reading Corner RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach

Now I want to share some unique "author chairs" that I've had the great good fortune to grace! 
First up is a hand-painted treasure from northern WI. 
Yup. Door County to be exact! 

photo of: Author's Chair in Kindergarten Classroom (Reading Center RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

This ROYAL Reading Throne was in metro-Milwaukee. 
Fit for a Queen! 

photo of: Author's Throne in Kindergarten Classroom (Reading Center RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

First graders were in LUV LUV LUV with the opportunity to curl up in this next oldie-but-goodie. Be on the look out for such a relic to add a little incentive to turning those pages. 

photo of: Reading Center in the Classroom (Reading Center RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

YES! A QUILTED AUTHOR'S CHAIR!!! 
Oh be still my heart! 
Complete with ric-rac!!! 
The only thing that could have been more perfect? 
POLKA DOTS!

photo of: Quilted Author's Chair in the Kindergarten Classroom via RainbowsWithinReach Reading Center RoundUP

Here's an addition to the original collection 'from-the-future'! An Elephant chair from an Elephant room!! See the ears? If you're into elephants or especially like the elephant picture book series with Elmer the patchwork colored elephant, you simply have to go forward in time and see the teacher created canvas ELMER! 

photo of: Children's Author Chair with Elephant Ears via RainbowsWithinReach

Next up's a reading corner in one of my favorite libraries. This is in the 'teen center' in Williams County Public Library. If you missed that earlier article of the children's department -- it's well worth the return to my earlier feature. They have some awesome murals you'll want to catch.... the Peter Pan silhouette on the ceiling is incredible!

photo of: Public Library Reading Corner via Reading Center RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a classic! 
You've got to LUV an invitation to "IMAGINE" -- especially one with this many colors! 



YES! In addition to my being wild about riots of rainbow color -- I am also a BIG fan of all things black and white! Here's the small group center in the third grade classroom of our oldest 'WonderGuy' out in Colorado. ('WonderPeep' somehow sounds not sufficiently mature for third grade.)  

photo of: Third Grade Small Group Reading Center via Reading RoundUP at RainbowsWIthinReach

You know I couldn't grab my camera fast enough when I saw that arrangement! Makes my heart sing! What an inviting corner to gather a small group. The interior designer in me gives a gold star to this setting!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put out the all-call to my fellow bloggers just yesterday (I keep promising that I'll attempt to plan further ahead) for additions to this RoundUP. I have a feeling I'll be adding more over time. Take a look at this ultra-organized library corner. I can feel my self 'exhaling' with all of the planning that's gone into this area. 

Organized pre-k kindergarten classroom library via www.pre-kpages.com
Super Organized and Appealing Classroom Library

This first idea is in from Vanessa at PreK Pages. We had a chance to meet in real-life recently at the SDE Kindergarten conference in Orlando. The woman is over-flowing with ideas and so eager to share and support your efforts on behalf of children. Here's the link to see more on this library corner set up. ENJOY!


YOU'RE GOING TO LUV THIS NEXT ONE, TOO!


photo of: RoundUP at RainbowsWIthinReachReading Corner in the Home at Childhood 101: via Reading Corner RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

I'll conclude with this oh-so-stellar corner in Christie's home. You absolutely MUST pop over to "Childhood 101" to see the details of their book corner - including the VERY clever 'book bunting' idea in all of its glory. While you're there I'd suggest you take a look at their 'art-space' too! BREATH-TAKING! Makes me want to plan a visit to see what else is going on under this creative roof! Go and get acquainted. Tell her I sent you. Name dropping's all the glory in the blogging world. 

I'm so grateful for your pin. It brings all brings to reader's my way when you take the time to pin from my blog. Will you please share your favorite idea with your followers? 

Follow Me on Pinterest


-- Debbie -- 
photo of: Freebie Mp3 copy of "Going to the Library" by Debbie Clement
FREEBIE!!!!
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
My New Store for Mp3's

All this talk of books and libraries and reading -- reminds me to prompt you to head over to TpT and pick up my FREEBIE "Going to the Library" -- which is in an Mp3 format for your immediate use! I'd be ever-so-grateful if you'd leave a little feedback over there with your happy impressions.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks you for sharing! I loovvvee all the ideas!! It has inspired me to be creative regarding the setting up of my own classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, that's my favorite thing is SHARING what I see in my travels. So happy to have given you some inspiration!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for including our reading space and for the kind words, Debbie. You are welcome to come over to play anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoooohoooooo and open invitation to play! Christie, I'm so grateful for your willingness to share the corner of your world with my readers! Thanks!

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...