Sunday, November 4, 2012

Color Wheels + Color Theory for Children

photo of: Color Theory Explorations for Children via RainbowsWithinReach

COLOR!!! 
Oh, how I love color!!! 
Seeing the full spectrum makes my heart sing! 

YUP! I have rainbow admiration!
photo of: Color Wheels on the Bulletin Board in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach
Kindergarten Color Wheels on the Bulletin Board

Let's explore color theory exercises created by children. 
These color wheels were painted by kindergarteners. 
I took this photo at the Seven Hills School in Cincinnati. 

What a GREAT job, K-kiddos!
Don't ya just LUV the color wheels in a circle on their bulletin board? 

photo of: Kindergarten Color Wheels on the Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

I was in the building to give Author-Illustrator presentations to the wee wonders and their parents. I was also fortunate to sing and share with the great-big, sturdy preschool classes of children. 

The building was filled with color study!!

photo of: Color Theory Hand Print Paintings in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach

Seeing the handprint paintings above reminded me of the same 'exercise' expressed with a slightly difference nuance when I was in New York last year. I'll repeat this image because I think the team work presentation is simply brilliant! 

photo of: Color Theory Hand Print Paintings in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach

These simple and bold paintings were above the lockers in Cinci. 

photo of: Color Paintings in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach

Just when I was gathering up these images of al these various color explorations we were in Denver at Blue Heron Elementary and they, too were exploring color wheels with their mature primary grades. The art teacher had the children ascribe an emotion or two to each color on their wheel. 

It's so much fun to compare the thoughts of these students. 

photo of: Color Wheel: Colors Associated with Emotions via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Art Easel with Degas Quote via RainbowsWithinReach

One of my favorite things to see during my school visits are the easels. Some are crisp and clean, while others are well loved with remnants of oodles of earlier explorations in evidence. 

I took the photo below just before my performance for the "Mommy and Me" group (which also included several daddies singing and joining our silliness.) Seeing this toddler of cascading curls explore at the easel was my personal favorite moment of the day. By all means please pin her sweet exploration for a reminder for your friends!


photo of: "It's Never too Early to Start Art" Young Child at Easel Painting

-- Debbie -- 
Coming to Atlanta? 
photo of: NAEYC: Connie Dow + Debbie Clement "Moving is Learning"

This weekend I have my picture book, "Red, White and Blue" on sale over at Teachers Pay Teachers. 

Choose from the traditional hardback book which would be shipped to you or the digital download version of the song in Mp3 version in a zipped file. 

Perfect for your observance of Veteran's Day. 

7 comments:

  1. I thought this was a great post and has given me ideas for my toddler, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support, Kat. I'm so grateful to all of those who are able to leave a comment. Happy toddler explorations to you and yours!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. My preschool students learned a lot about colors when they did a color wheel http://www.brennaphillips.com/learning-the-color-wheel-in-preschool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenna. I can't wait to get over to your blog and see what you've been up to. Thanks for leaving the link!!

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. All of this color makes me smile ;) Especially that toddler painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, Elizabeth. The toddler painting is one of my all-time fave pictures! Glad to share the smile with you.

      Debbie

      Delete
  4. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information and I want to thank you for this post. It’s not easy to find such perfectly written information on this topic. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...