Sunday, October 21, 2012

"You're Wonderful" Goes Digital Mp3


CELEBRATE! EDUCATE! APPRECIATE!!!
Another MILESTONE! 
Another of Debbie's Ditties goes DIGITAL!! 
If you've heard only one of my original songs for children, its quite possibly: 
"You're Wonderful." 
This anthem of self-esteem and affirmation is from my very first recording. 
It came to life on this planet on a cassette tape!
Remember cassette tapes? 
This is year #17 as 'music-lady'..... I go way back!
From the cassette it was recreated onto the CD format. 
From there its then been featured on my DVD --
and premiered as my very first PICTURE BOOK!

DRUMROLL...... TODAY it exists as an Mp3 in a zipped file! 
Available for instant purchase and download with one click to 
Teachers Pay Teachers. 

Children across the country have create their own Art responses inspired by my quilted illustrations. 
photo of: Collaborative Group Project in Response to Picture Book "You're Wonderful" (from Bulletin Board RoundUP by RainbowsWithinReach)
Cooperative Kindergarten Quilt 
The song of affirmation begins when one voice tells another, "I think you're wonderful. I think you're marvelous. I think you're beautiful and magical and filled with curiosity and dreams." That could be the voice of the teacher or the parent. Perhaps its the voice of the grandparent or librarian. 

photo of: Kindergarten Response to picture book, "You're Wonderful" during Author Illustrator School Visit
Kindergarten Quilt Squares

The response is from the listener. "You think I'm wonderful?" All of the self-doubts, contradictions, defeated, dispirited angst that we all feel at times. "You think I'm marvelous...... I can't write my name." You think I'm beautiful? Who me? What with my glasses and my awkward gait? How can I be 'wonderful' if I am so different? So lonely. So behind my peers. So left on the sidelines when teams are chosen. 

photo of: Author/Illustrator Visit for Schools
Debbie Clement Makes a School Visit to share "You're Wonderful" Comparing Original Quilts to Finished Book

But we as teachers and parents and grands and library-people, and troop leaders and camp counselors continue with our words of affirmation and encouragement. Then one day that child sense their gen-u-ine worth and merit. "Hey, I'm really good at play-doh! I make an awesome friend." Soon our listener is telling their buddies, "I think YOU'RE wonderful." 

photo of: Kindergarten Group Collaborative Art Project using Quilt Squares in Preparation for Author Illustrator School Visit
Geometric Quilt Squares in Response to "You're Wonderful" in Kindergarten 

Before you know it, buckets-are-filled. Affirmation flows. Children make progress. Teachers are delighted. Parents cry. Grandparents weep. We conclude together......"That means we're wonderful." Those same six words of affirmation are repeated in each of six verses. Very young children are singing along quite quickly. Mature students are feeling all warm and fuzzy. 

photo of: Kindergarten Bulletin Board Group Collaboration in Preparation of Author-Illustrator School Visit with Debbie Clement

photo of: "You're Wonderful" Picture Book by Debbie Clement (quilted illustrations)
photo of: Toddler Art Assemblages in Response to Picture Book, "You're Wonderful"


photo of: Third Grade Designs in Response to "You're Wonderful" Picture Book

photo of: Collaborative Quilt for Author/Illustrator Debbie Clement
School Visit Welcome in Quilt Design for "You're Wonderful" 
photo of: Children Reading Picture Books by Debbie Clement
Louisiana Fan Club of Little Readers Exploring Debbie Clement Picture Books

photo of: Invented Spelling of Kinder-Version of "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

It is the words of the song that make it so memorable. They are simple. They are repetitive. They are affirming. Here is the evidence in kindergarten 'invented spelling' from an English language learner. To get the whole story of how Hajar learned my song you'll have to click back to this earlier article. Her brilliant teacher used my song as the basis of their entire classroom culture -- uniting children from around the world under one banner of acceptance.

photo of: Invented Spelling of Kinder-Version of "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

Here's a message I received on FB just last week, following my presentations at the Florida AEYC annual conference:
"I bought a book this weekend called You're Wonderful,written/sung by Debbie Clement. It is truly an amazing book, simple but wonderful! When your son with aspergers is crying because he says he is stupid and just wants to be normal it breaks your heart! I read him this book the night I got home and every night since he has told me that he knows he is wonderful! He also told me that he almost cried when I was reading it to him! I am so thankful to have met Debbie this weekend and that she read/sung this book in the workshop I was in! Amazing what an impact a book can have.'" 
photo of: Debbie Clement Makes School Visit
Debbie Clement's School Visit in Florida Kindergarten 
As a special introductory incentive I will have the file on 'sale' for the next couple of days at the highest discount allowed at TpT. Thanks so much for your continued support. 

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Debbie Clement's on TpT!

-- Debbie -- 

photo of: "You're Wonderful" Song by Debbie Clement Goes Digital




9 comments:

  1. Love all your posts and creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa. I am so grateful for comments of support. Hope that your week is filled with joy!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. I'm going to TpT now to download your song! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Karen* You are now an official ambassador of my song!!!! Since all of my work is self-published and that makes me the entire marketing department. Every additional person who can share this work of mine with the wider world sends out more ripples of affirmation. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love your awesomeness! Thanks for sharing!

    You are all set up for the huge giveaway at Rockin' Teacher Materials! Thanks so much for offering a product! Make sure to let your readers know!

    Thanks again!
    Hilary
    Rockin' Teacher Materials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary!! It's the very best of the mutual admiration societies. Thanks for including with all of the other amazing projects.

      Debbie

      Delete
  4. Rockin Teachers sent me! Thanks for participating in this giveaway!

    CaseyCanion@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Rockin' friends are so welcome here. Thanks for letting me know Casey.

      Debbie

      Delete
  5. Rockin Teachers sent me!! Thanks for participating!!

    Melissa
    mizemelissa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...