Saturday, September 3, 2011

Jumpin' Jiminy Jamboree!!











These are pictures from my annual end-of-the-year visit to my favorite kindergarten classes in Westerville. The teachers have had me in their rooms every year for 6 or 7 years in a row!! They have worked with their students to introduce my songs and books long before I arrive, so I get to be a kindergarten rock-star!!

Now that I have jumped into Pinterest. I have made a two-shot collage to attempt to visually explain my song, "Jumpin' Jiminy Jamboree!" It's one of my top 10 favorites to do with this age group. We jump enthusiastically for 30 seconds followed by freezing frozen for the same length of time. I divide up that 30 seconds of frozen-ness into small subsections of funny face-making. By the end of the frozen section we are working on balancing on one foot while making our funny faces. Lots of proprioceptive feedback for those growing brains to integrate -- balance is all about knowing where your body is in space!!! In my JJJ the k-kiddos get it all: aliteration, oxygen rich movement, laughter, concept of 'opposities' created with a body-kinethetic, with a focus on proprioceptive fun!!! "That's a lot of bang for your brain buck!"

Now, I'm off to 'pin' this collage to my Jumpin' Jiminy board/collection of jumping inspiration!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This looks so much fun.
    Lucky children to experience your amazing creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...