Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blue Heron Hallways

I LUV visiting new schools wearing my author/illustrator hat -- sharing my picture books & songs as I travel. Now that I have gone 'wild' over at Pinterest, I will be working more diligently to document as many bits & pieces of the work I observe through out the various building hallways of my travels. That way you can be a little friend perched on my shoulder as I travel about the country-side. Everyone can improve from sharing the ideas we all create on behalf of children!! Here's a classroom door with a combination of children's self-portraits and their photographs mixed together. I like the sentiment.

We popped back into Miss Cain's second grade classroom, where our Ewan spends his days and I spotted another writing prompt, as we left him a surprise-note in his journal. 


                                  Outer space alien invasion theme for the school wide book fair!!

                                                      The bulletin board outside the art room door!!!


                                                  The art room door's permanent mural:




The high hallway ceilings were adorned with 'alphabet' art in a wide variety of styles. Here's the letter "N" for New York Harbor. Twill be pinning to my 'Red, White and Blue' collection over at Pinterest.
                                                         Classroom door of buzzy bee welcome.


I was absolutely ecstatic to see these first grade pictures, complete with invented spelling.








How totally AMAZING is the school's library collection of 'plush' characters to support the themes of a variety of authors and illustrators?!?! How many books do you recognize from their plush, stuffed animal, alter-ego? LUV LUV LUV this support for early readers!! I wonder if you can check out the fuzzies??





As an author/illustrator, the all time thrill-on-earth that I can imagine would be to have my work in new and different formats. I LUV board books and big books. How about an e-book? I will learn how to do cartwheels -- if one day my books merit a character, that could join such a parade on a library shelf!!!! Something to aspire toward: growing & new horizons.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...