Saturday, June 4, 2011

Concluding Kinder Quilts



















Here are the final shots of Carie's Community Kindergarten Quilt. Some final close-ups of the gluing process and then the final reveal. Then Carie posed in front of the quilt, now moved to the school gym and held in place temporarily by an amazing amount of duct tape. Then her classroom children smiling with delight. Then a little wider view showing further just how absolutely enormous the quilt grew. (****Note that my picture book, "Red, White and Blue" is proudly in the laps of the front row crew, in that second group shot.)

As I see it, there are still two challenges in front of Carie. Challenge #1: is to figure out how to permanently install the quilt on a suitable surface, with the gym wall being a logical spot. Plexi-glass or some other concept all together? Challenge #2: is to figure out how to under-write my visit to her school. I have no doubt that there will be solutions for each challenge.

My challenge seems to always be the same. How to get my blog and these amazing & inspirational stories from classrooms near & far, 'out' to a wider audience, into the laptops of teachers who could use such an upbeat resource? This is my summer challenge.

Editors note: now it is weeks later & I am just beginning to learn about 'linky parties' and I think that I have added this post to a July party of children's crafts & activities being hosted at Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas. I think I've posted the link below, but I don't see the other people's links here.... so I've probably mucked it up a bit?? I am learning, tho!!!

Classified: MomPosted by Picasa

jdaniel4smom

7 comments:

  1. Great quilt idea! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah. It really is FABULOUS!!! The design is simple and engaging. The marble paintings to create the 'construction-paper-fabric' was obviously a delight for the K kiddos..... but the vision and dedication to pulling it together on this scale is visionary and that's where I award Carie the mastermind behind it all, the prize of the year! She wins all the marbles in my book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How individual they all turned out- a MUST DO for next year for me! Thanks for sharing your idea with us on The Sunday Showcase !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee. Thanks so much for stopping thru to see this amazing effort on behalf of my book.

    I'm new to the whole linky concept & don't know why the parade of all the links didn't show up here?? I tried my best to get the code entered to no avail?? (I have so much to learn, BUT, I'm making progress!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing quilt! They did such a nice job on it.

    Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. This counts as an entry in the Summer Reading Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paper quilt. I love the way it combined together and am trying to think of a way to weave this into our weekly tot-school co-oop of 5 2 year olds.
    Amanda at http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so grateful for the linky-party that brought the two of you here to see this amazing project. Welcome to JDaniel's Mom and Lovingmama as well.

    I hope that you'll come back periodically and visit. Thanks for stopping through!!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...