Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bicycles of Lucca















photo of: RainbowsWithinReach: Bikes of Lucca, Italy

PINCH ME. I'm in EUROPE on my Author-Illustrator School Visit tour of a life time!!


Of the thousands of pictures I've taken across our European adventure, this group, as a series is one of my favorites. While we were having our final dinner in Tirrenia, we struck up a conversation with the gals at the next table. Turns out they'd been at my arrivederci family concert. They asked where we were headed next and when we told them we were headed to Florence by way of Pisa, they suggested another side adventure -- to the walled city of Lucca.


Wow. Bicycles. Old bicycles. Really old bicycles. Really old European bicycles leaning against especially old walls, complete with aging paint -- stained gloriously by the sun over centuries -- all in amazing colors. What an afternoon. These are indeed some of my favorites. Enjoy the details.


**I realized that there were no bicycles in Venice. I suppose all those steps and bridges over the water cut into the cycling enthusiasm. It would be peddle, peddle -- portage. Seeing all of these bikes get me psyched for the biking season ahead. Note to self: next time we have time on our hands in Italy, plan a day or two to explore Lucca on it's own terms.


-- Debbie --
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...