Thursday, May 19, 2011

Alps?? Swiss Alps??






















After sixteen days in Europe my heart is full. My memory cards are full. My every stimulus receptor is on sensory overload. I am ready to sit in the rental car and crop photos for the four hour drive and perhaps snoodle up for a little shut eye. Nearly as soon as we're out of Milan there are signs for Lake Como and then before you know it we're headed into higher altitude. What? Mountains? Someone put mountains between Milan and the airport? How did the placement of the Swiss Alps sneak in there unannounced like that?? Seriously. How on Earth can I be so utterly clueless -- so totally & completely clueless about our Earth?? This final day of driving was to be uneventful, just a necessary transition to get ourselves back to square one. Do you remember my Austian Alps photos from several posts ago, with the occasional church spire or castle? Guess what they have in Switzerland? Snow capped mountains with castles sitting on ledges, church spires in the most amazing of valleys..... and we are fortunate enough to have been given yet another blue sky day!!!

Oh and that's the two of us happy campers, camera an arms length away as we stopped for a fill-up of the gas tank. What a day. A surprise cherry on top of the whip cream of the most decadent banana split ever concocted.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...