Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Marching Parade




Here we are reading, singing, marching, clapping and signing together -- all to my new picture book. I was asked to spell out the lyrics:

"Red, white & blue, I love you. (2X) Sing for our country, sing for our country, sing for our country -- America, brave & true.
Sing for our country, sing for our country, sing for our country -- America, I love you."

I consider this little dittie to be a 'zipper' song, which means once you learn the original tune, you then just 'zip' off the pivitol word from verse one and zip in the next word. Verse two: march. Verse three: clap. Verse four: thank you. Got it?

Put it all together and you have a perfect little song for real preschoolers to sing-a-long. Patriotic. A tribute to 9-11. Flag waving. If you've got the space take a parade around the room.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...