Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Sundown Proper



In addition to the symposium on painting, I had a personal tutorial on photography as well. A fellow picture-taking buff was delighted that he'd gotten such a great shot of Lori's painting-in-progress against this evening's glorious sunset. I was having a big challenge capturing both the work and the inspiration at the same time. He told me how to do it. Step one: go to the "P" setting (Programmable.) Step two: set it to a 'negative number' on the dial of choices. Step three: turn on the flash. Step four: set my camera for automatic/manual/forced flash. VOILA!! Foreground and background are both visible and lighted. Pretty stellar sunset. Pretty thrilling to watch all of these works of art unfold before my very eyes!!

So after I'd practised my new photography skill-set, I needed to practise without my guide. Further around the park I came across Mark Hanson bringing his composition to closure. I have since this evening's introduction visited his blog and am thrilled to see how he documents his creative process there. Just wait till you see these finished works -- hanging in the gallery.

Tomorrow the artists are scheduled to be at the two galleries Fine Lines , Edgewood and the Peninsula Arts School. Whoop. Whoop.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...