Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living on the Lanai





PROGRESS!! More progress!!!! The window inserts are now regally in their places, the carpet has been installed AND we have furniture!!! Retrieving the furniture from town required borrowing our neighbor's van, but we reciprocated by having them over for dinner to christen our new Florida room, appropriately located in Florida. An additional trip into town (remember I'm going to PT, three times a week) and I was able to locate happy stripes to bring some pizzazz to all that beige.

So you are now, all cordially invited over for a party! If you're a golfer, please bring your clubs..... as we are perched on the 9th fairway. You can see the pines which seperate us from the green in that final picture in the series. Just beyond the green is the "for-real" clubhouse. We found enclosed-cables of little white lights and that is the one remaining project: to string those permanently around the top of the walls creating a glorious, twinklie world of our own. We are very motivated to get everything done before Brian & Megan and the boys arrive at the end of the month. There really will be a party or two out there. You have a standing invitation.

Now it's time to go pack for our whirlwind travel plans ahead. We leave after tomorrow's PT to final destination Richmond, VA. Between here and there are the senior Hollisters (Noelle's inlaws) on Pawley's Island. They had genuinely extended an invitation for us to come for a visit. You know me. Anything with the word "island" in the title has my immediate attention. We'll spend one day together, Randy is planning to take Allen up for a flight in their new 'sport' airplane. We gals will hopefully be walking the shores, with a fall back plan of shopping -- should the weather not be co-operative. Then on from their place to my "triumphant return" to my real life, already-in-progress. I have three different workshops scheduled for the VA Early Childhood Conference on Saturday, as a guest of my friends at Zaner-Bloser. Oh happy day, I'm needin' me some joy & adoration. Send me your good wishes. Hopefully I'll remember what it is that I am all about, once I get us underway. Like riding a bike. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...