Monday, November 23, 2009

UMD Concerto Competition





"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
-- Beverly Sills
Divine timing. For months & months & months I have had this week marked off on my calendar, saving these days for our convention. Then just 24 hours before I was set to leave my home and head east, Noelle called to share the good news that she had advanced from the prelims to the finals of her University of Maryland's concerto competition. The even more amazing news: the finals were scheduled for Saturday night -- while I was ALREADY in WashDC!!

I drove across town, again. All by myself. Just head out north on Rhode Island Ave. Very straight-forward, actually. I arrived just in time to greet my new son-in-law and head in to Dekelboum Auditorium together. EXCITING!!!!

Noelle played her piece with calm and verve. The judges thought so, too, and she was given the $1000 cash prize for third place. Truly amazing for a classical music performance. There is apparently some consideration for her to get to play her concerto with the school's symphony orchestra. Wouldn't that be amazing?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...