Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving & Gratitude




Tis the official season of Thanksgiving, the giving-of-thanks, the counting of our blessings, reflection, gratitude. A day is hardly enough for such consideration. Pumpkin pie and gathering close around the table. Traditions. Recipes from earlier generations. Telling of stories. Gratitude. Miracles. Gratitude. Miracles.

May we hold tight to this season of celebration at hand -- filled with lights and glimmer. Smiles and concentration. Candles lit to brighten the night. Memories made and memories stored. A day filled with opportunities for sharing and appreciation. A day filled with big boxes and shiny mini-cars. Come on over and we can play. I baked plenty of pie. Pie for all: One cup November sky. Two cups safe travels. A heaping heart of gratitude for family & friends. Stir together and bask. Bask in the splendor of the day. Plop a dollop of gratitude on the top and grab your fork! Dig right in!!

I honestly remember sitting on a bench, at an oversized table in kindergarten & playing with playdoh. I remember rolling out long coil snakes and building birds nests with an enthusiastic squeeze and then rolling up doh-eggs. I don't need to close my eyes to recall that sensory celebration. There were bells ringing in my heart and stars twinkling from my eyes, generated by my delight. I remember watching my daughters in their playdoh play, at a much younger age. I was ecstatic with memory fun on their behalf. How fortunate for me now to watch the third generation with this lovely material. We built a bird nest together. He filled it with no less than a hundred cylindrical eggs. I know what it feels like to be the 'someone special' on Bring Someone Special to preschool day. Gratitude. Miracles. Thanksgiving.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...