Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tall Giraffe Proofs!!!!!


The Parable of Perseverance. Chapter 43. Lookie-lookie-lookie!! Look what was awaiting my arrival home last night!! Super huge exciting development! SURPRISE!!! The signatures, proof sheets, and my very own "f&g" (fold & gathered demo proof) for my upcoming book, "Tall Giraffe" had arrived in an oversized package -- all awaiting my eagle eye, fine tooth comb and magnifying glass.

In the top picture I'm holding the proof of the back & front covers -- from left to right. It's got a real, live 13 digit ISBN number AND it's own unique barcode. The second picture includes the signature of eight pages from the book and is a representation of the paper weight and the color dynamic, in actual size.

We spent the day today pouring over every detail to ascertain if everything we could do had indeed been done to make certain this project is in it's best possible form. I found a couple of 'bugs.' So there are still some remaining tweeks. We're not all of the way out of the woods just yet.

BUT I got to hold it!! We're making progress. Definite progress.

Last night just as soon as I had turned the pages one complete rotation I called my sister Rebecca -- whose name shares the front cover with mine so that we could squeal and celebrate together. This whole project has been a true collaboration, in every sense of the word from the very beginning. After I had my squeal-a-thon with my sister I called my mom. Our parents have been just as eager to see this project come to fruition as the two of us. They are ready to launch the balloons. They may be even more excited than we are! Believe me, I'll keep you posted. We'll see how many back & forths there are before the presses can start rolling. Progress. MAJOR progress. Oh happy day.
P.S. I've been waiting years to wear this vest!! Seemed appropriate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...