Friday, August 14, 2009

The Outline for the Show





Let the fun continue. More singing. Cooperative happy campers. The fun of a 'show' at a library, is the unknowns of who will be in attendance. I bring my surprise box filled with goodies and once I see the whites of their eyes, of those in attendance, I develop a plan of what to include. Today I'd prepared a mix-CD including 17 of my favorite large-group songs. I usually feel that about 50 to 55 minutes is the 'right' length program -- if there's a good proportion of 'older' children in attendance. (If it's primarily a preK/K group the 'right' length for me is often between 35 & 45 minutes.) That's usually time for about half a dozen choices. I'm always interested in stacking the deck back & forth between 'active' and then 'passive' numbers. Most of my passive/listening/quiet numbers include some sign language for the participants...... so even if the kids are sitting, they have a role to play.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...