Thursday, March 5, 2009

Outlet Mall Blank Canvas




Last week when I was in Atlantic City I was delighted to literally stumble into a whole slew of 'outlet mall' shops all perched between my convention center Sheraton and the Boardwalk. I HAD to walk past all of those stores to make my way to the ocean's edge. On my sojourn back I went in & out of lots of doors and had my most exciting 'find' at the J. Jill store. I've always admired hand-painted denim jackets, but never felt I could afford to embellish one, until the steal they were giving away last week. So I plunked down my ten dollars and my gears started churning on the spot.

What I've accomplished so far is to put some color into that little rivulet detail that runs down each of the front panels and both sleeves. The paint was dry in time for me to don the jacket and head out the door for my lunch-date with my fellow Buckeye, wintering here in Ocala!! The final picture is my new buddy, Edwina Hawkins [Mz. Eddie to a whole generation of children] of the greater Cleveland area. She's the brilliant grant-writer who secured funding for my upcoming trip to her school which serves young children with special needs. We started the conversation seasons ago, and I'll be there next month! During our chatty conversation about planning a great day for the kids, we stumbled into the fact that we were both gonna be in sunny FL at the same time. It took Edwina's organized brain to get us together and oh what fun we had @ the Bob Evans on the strip.... making us feel like we were back in Ohio.

Can't wait to return with paint brushes to all of that 'blank canvas' and have more fun. There are lots of ideas swirling round my brain ..... now to edit to the final choices and get back to the painting process.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...