Friday, August 22, 2008

Birch Tree Enthusiasm

Getting this far north is a treat because we are surrounded by birch trees. Birch among the tall pines. Birch at waters edge. Birch dancing against the sky. Birch cavorting with the green leaves. I am ALWAYS uplifted to see the 'shocking' contrast of those white pillars against the darker surrounding forest. When the sun is at full strength, these tree trunks shimmer. I captured these while getting my morning walk and oxygen-intake requirement for the day.

It was only when I took my focus off of my feet and my immediate path -- and thought to "look up" that I was gifted with this radiant image, towering overhead. Ahhhh. [How I long to truly capture this inspiration.] Magnificent. As I continue to walk I am juggling the lessons of "looking up" with the idea of cleaning the windows in my own little lighthouse...... suddenly 'this little light of mine' is jingling along in there too, as I continue to walk ..... shining my little work out to others..... looking up to see the gifts all around....... gaining perspective from seeing the bigger picture. What a fortunate use of my time: the walking, the thinking, the juggling, the appreciating, the reflecting, the considering -- the seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...