Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Day Full of Energy


Join our energized kindergarten teachers in a rousing rendition of my song commissioned by Zaner-Bloser, entitled "SLANT DANCE." Everyone is engaged in making slanting letters, physically..... with their own bodies, all while singing along! (It's just a tad like Y.M.C.A. and the last wedding reception you attended, only sung to the most radical track of 'My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean' that you can imagine.) Pictured here are zealous Y's and 'xcited X's being constucted by our enthusiastic kindergarten teachers.
Somehow I forgot to take a picture of their team building and making letter "A's" together. [***Mental note to self: take that snap at the next opportunity..... also realized I never had any pictures taken with 'me' in them. This blogging's a bigger responsibility than you might realize.] The feedback from the teachers is that the children are very delighted to engage in this physical, upbeat dance, which helps them grasp and visualize letters and then head on to paper and pencil success.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...